Do you have a passion for helping our military personnel? Do you have quality customer service skills and look for ways to improve the lives of other people? Are you comfortable talking to clients on the phone or in-person?
If you said yes to these questions then our Hero Care Regional Caseworker Critical Community Services position might be the right volunteer position for you. This role helps ensure military families' needs are met when faced with an urgent need. Below is a description of the volunteer position and skills needed to fulfill this role. Please complete an American Red Cross volunteer application by visiting https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org to start the process of volunteering.
Volunteer Role Description:
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information
- Understand and apply the Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services consistently and correctly
- Support the critical community services which can include an intake interview to assess client needs and providing appropriate service to clients including referrals to other agencies; and the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met, providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service
- Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
Required Training: (All Red Cross trainings listed below are free)